Can a diabetic coma patient gain consciousness?

My husband is in the hospital in the ICU. He has been in a diabetic coma for almost 7 days. He has type 2 diabetes. He has been taking insulin, no substance history, never smoked, and has no seizure, stroke, and Alzheimers after taking CT, EKG tests. How long will it take for him to wake up from a diabetic coma?
Wed, 25 May 2016

Thanks for asking a question at HCM

I will be glad to answer it for you.

I'm sorry to hear this, and I understand your concern.

Yes, Diabetic coma patient can regain the consciousness, but how long it will take to recover depends on various other factors like blood pressure, blood glucose levels, heart function, liver and kidney functions.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards

Dr Chaithanya