Can Pregnacare tablet protect pregnancy after 3 miscarriages?

Hi, can I answer your health question? Please type your question here...I had my periods started on 5th May & ended on 9th May. I’m planning for a second baby. I had 3 miscarriage. In 43 yrs now. Can I take pregnacare tablets and susten to protect my preganancy if I conceive
Fri, 8 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Pregnacare tablets contain multi vitamins and minerals. Which can be used as additive to regular diet.
Susten contains micronised progesterone, which will help in maintaining pregnancy.
Both these tablets can be used in pregnancy.
But as you are 43yrs, better to check ovarian reserve by Anthral follicle count in ultrasound or by estimation of AMH levels.
If levels are normal you can plan for pregnancy.
But better to be careful from the beginning, you have to start Folic acid tablets at least one month before conception to prevent neurological defects in the baby.
Regular antenatal check ups and ultrasound examinations are necessary to monitor the well-being of the baby.
If you are having history of second trimester abortion you may need to undergo cervical encerclage also.

Hope I have answered your query and I will be happy to answer any further follow-up queries.