Can I stop my BP from dropping so rapidly ?

My blood pressure drops like a rock very easily. For example, when cramping from a stomach virus, I ve passed out before trying to get to the bathroom; then I get a headache, cold sweats, and just all over feel like i m dying. My husband says my pulse becomes very faint. Is there any way to stop it when i feeling this happening? I know this isn t a heart disease per se, but wasn t sure of a better category. I know this isn t a heart disease per se, but wasn t sure of a better category. My dr. ran a bunch of tests; my heart is great, but my husband also feels it s a vagal response. He s a paramedic, and takes care of me after the fact--but I d rather stop it early. Hadn t thought of alternative therapies. Thanks for the link; this is exactly what I experience. I m not on any meds, so it s not anything like that. And thanks for the prayers, Virginia. I appreciate them.
Sat, 12 Dec 2009
's  Response
Sorry to hear! Yes you've seen a doctor. Postural hypotension or orthostatic hypotension can be caused by: Pregnancy. Medications, or putting some types together, Heart problems (failure) Endocrine problems. An underactive thyroid (hypothyroidism) or overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism) can cause low blood pressure. Dehydration. Even mild dehydration can cause weakness, dizziness and fatigue. Fever, vomiting, severe diarrhea, overuse of diuretics and strenuous exercise can all lead to dehydration. Blood loss. Severe infection (septicemia). Allergic reaction (anaphylaxis). Nutritional deficiencies. A lack of the vitamins B-12 and folate can cause anemia, a condition in which your body doesn't produce enough red blood cells. In addition to making you feel tired because you're not getting enough oxygen, anemia can lead to low blood pressure. Or the syncope idea sounds descriptive too. You may want to look for a reason. Sometimes even trace mineral imbalances magnesium, etc. for an odd reason or genetic condition can cause syncope etc. I've found Chinese medicine very effective as well, especially after running into blind alleys everywhere else.