Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

Can I ask a doctor to look into the treatment advised if it is necessary ?

my BP is 150/100. I am taking metoprolol 50 mg, olmax H 40,and Clopidogrel 75mg.Age 65 Colesterol around 150. Doctor wants to add Clonidine(Arkamin) and Ecosprin AV 150/20.I find these too many and wish to reduce.Please advise.S m Bothra
Asked On : Wed, 10 Aug 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  133
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi S M Bothrs
Your BP seems to be on the higher side which could put additional strain on your heart. The drugs prescribed are rational and there is reduced incidence of strokes and cardiac arrest with these drugs. Its highly recommended that you continue them.Hope that answers your query
Take care
Answered: Wed, 10 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor