Can Bell s palsy recur after treatment?

3 yr. back my wife was attack by Bell s palsy, after by proper treatment by medicine and physiotherapy it will be cured, by just near abobt 15 days back she got pain in her effected area...after consult the general physician they given some medicine and suggested to consult with nearve doctor and physiotherapy...is she again may be effected Bell s palsy...and what is the process for remidie
Fri, 8 Nov 2019
Cardiologist 's  Response

The pain in the ear, could be related to an inner ear infection and does not necessarily mean the reoccurrence of Bell's palsy. Bell's palsy usually does not reoccur.

Anyway, if an infection is present, it should be treated. For this reason, I recommend consulting with an ENT specialist.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Ilir Sharka, Cardiologist