Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Can Ayurveda effectively treat diabetes ?

Hi, My husband is 32 years oldHe has been diagnosed of having diabetesHe has sugar level 139fasting and 197after foodHis father was diabeticPlease suggest whether he should be on medicine or he should go for diet controlbcos he doesnt want to continue medicine for lifelongAnd is it better to go for Ayurvedic .Kindly help us.
Asked On : Mon, 13 Jun 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  94
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi,thanks for query.Before jumping on to any treatment detailed evaluation is must.Please visit a physician and get him investigated.One should not go by only blood sugar levels for treatment.Please go for other tests like HBA1C,lipid profile and kidney test before taking any treatment.Do not shy away from drugs ,he need to take it life long if needed to prevent complications.Insulin is not must,it is required only when the drugs fails to control it.Diet,exercise and medicines all three are must for proper control.Do not worry,he can leave normal life with diabetes also.bye.
Answered: Mon, 13 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor