Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Bypolar. Uncontrollable. What can control his drinking habits?

How do I get help for my boy freind that I have ben with for 20 yrs for his drinkin he is very d epressed and wont seek help he stoped takeing his meds he is by polar and out of control and keeps pointing his finger to his head. I dont enable him to drink but I see him drink from the time he wakes till he goes to bed .. We have a son together and I just wounder if there is a legal way to take control of him before he does something to his self.
Asked On : Wed, 8 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  27
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
hello.for a legal way you need a lawyer and not a doctor.even if he has a bipolar disorder his drinking is worsening his case and complicating his problems.

if he is willing to listen to you then get him examined by a psychitrist which can only cure his problems.

if he is violent then you have to look for other methods of controlling it and then look for his treatment.

all the best.
Answered: Tue, 21 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor