Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Burnt skin on nose due to sun exposure, blister formed, popped it, hole present. Skin grafting necessary?

i use to suntan alot i burnt my nose . i laid in the bed to long, so i got a blister and it pop and now there is a hole there. i did it 2007 and i put wax in it then makeup and it hides it for awhile but then it shows people stares. i cant take it. one dr wants to poke the hole bigger take skin from the side of my face and skin graft, was he nuts? i didnt do it, i need filler and i want my nose fix who do i trust? helppppppp! YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Fri, 18 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  81
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
hi..thanks for your query
I would suggest you a few ways which i think should be able to reduce the depth of the scar on your nose.A few of theses are:
1) Subcision: a very simple OPD procedure using a needle to remodel the underlying tissues ;this helps in making the scar less noticeable.
2) Laser resurfacing : Various types and methods are there ranging from the choice of a non ablative laser to ablative laser or fractional laser techniques. The choice of this would also depend on the skin type you have.
3) Fillers : These are temporary methods lasting from 1-3 years and you have to repeat it after this time period .Most popular fillers are made of hyaluronic acid and have a vey high level of safely and give great corrections.
4) Surgical method : Exact nature of the surgery can only be given by a plastic/dermatosurgeon after seeing your scar. Skin grafting, like the one suggested to you also gives good results if done well!
I do not know how much of an improvement in possible in your case without being able to see it , but generally a good cosmetically acceptable result in such cases is brought about by not one,but several of the methods which may be combined at appropriate intervals depending upon the depth of the scar, age of the scar and the mobility of surrounding tissues.
hope this helps, take care!
Answered: Fri, 18 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor