Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Burning while urination. Urine test normal. No STD. what else?

For 4 days now I've had a problem, everytime I urinate it burns badly. I don't seem to be having any other symptoms or problems of any kind. I went to a local Medexpress, they had me do a urin test, they said it all came back negative/fine. After talking to the Dr. he sent it to the lab for a chlamydia and gonorrhea test, both came back negative. So he basically found nothing, and did not have any other suggestions on what it could be.
Asked On : Mon, 29 Apr 2013
Answers:  3 Views:  50
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response
Apr 2013
Hi and welcome to HCM.
If we exlude infection as the reasn of this then it can be caused by ureetral stones which did urehral damaga or irritation,some allergic reaction or kidney disease. YOu should check urea and creatinine,kidney ultrasound and cystoscopy if neccessary. ALso some rectal disorders may cause urinating problem as well so if your smyptoms persist you should do rectal examination at proctologist. WIsh you good health.
Answered: Tue, 30 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Oncologist, Surgical Dr. Rohan Khandelwal's  Response
Dear Sir,

Sometimes burning can occur if one is consuming less amounts of water. if you tests have come out to be normal, then it is clear that you are not suffering from any infection. In that case you should try drinking atleast 3-4 litres of water each day and this should take care of your problem.
You can even try cranberry juice as it is said to have a beneficial effect in this condition.

Hoping for the best.
Answered: Tue, 30 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Psychiatrist Dr. Srinivasa S.R.R.Y.'s  Response
Thanks for writing to Health care magic
There are several causes for burning micturition like stones, obstruction by stricture, (other causes), urethral injury, cystocele, infection, prostrate hypertrophy, bladder tumor etc. If the symptom is severe and not improving try consulting a urologist. Take plenty of fluids

Hope this helps u
Thanks and regards
Answered: Tue, 30 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor