Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Burning during urination, urine test clear, STI ruled out. How can I fix this?

I m a 30year old male, I have a problem of a burning sensation during urination for more than 12 years now and have sort of used to live with it but evrytime i pass urine i feel it and sometimes really burning and at times not so much. I have never had an STI , i had urine tests no problem. What can that be becasue it has been bothering me for a long time and is there a way to fix it.
Asked On : Sat, 29 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  33
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Hello Thanks for your query.You have burning micturition since almost 12 years You have done all the necessary test like Routine urine test and std test which are negative,based on duration and symptoms it appears that you may have what is called as Interstitial Cystitis and can be confirmed only on Biopsy of a bladder mucosa.Consult some Urologist for cystoscopy and biopsy to confirm the diagnosis.
Answered: Sun, 6 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor