Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Bumps on inner thighs, spreading further, increased itchiness, get bruises on scratching and water filled spots. Remedy?

3 months ago I started to get these bumps on my inner thighs, i didn t pay attention to them but then I started to get more. I didn t notice that I would scratch myself there but the longer I had it the more itchy the area got. The longer time past the more it spread and I started to become insanely itchy on my arms, back, legs, stomach , and even my breast . I started noticing little red dots on my arms from where I scratched, big bruise like spots on my legs and on my hands I have these callous like spots and some are filled with (what it looks like) water. I have no idea what to do and the itching gets worse at night.
Asked On : Sat, 27 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  221
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Worsening of itch at night time and the sites of involvement point towards scabies.
This is an contagious disease. You may spread it to the people staying under the same roof. It spreads by direct contact like hand shaking and through clothes, linens also.
Single application of a scabicidal cream/lotion will cure the disease.
Important thing to note here is to treat all the members staying with you, and second thing is to keep in mind that its itch may persist for longer duration despite completing the treatment.
Take a dermatology opinion.
Dr. Ajit Singh
Answered: Sat, 27 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor