Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Bumps around pubic area before menstrual cycle, blood and pus discharge. STD test negative. Genital warts?

Everytime my menstrual cycle comes, a bump will appear around my pubic area. It feels like a ball. Sometimes I will mash and blood or just pus will come out. Sometimes its jus a bump. After cycle us over, it remains there four a while. I have been tested and I have no sexually transmitted diseases . Could this be the genital wart thing that s transmitted sexually? Only appears during menstrual cycle.
Asked On : Sun, 24 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  120
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Many women experience such presentations especially around/during/immediately after their period.

This kind of presentation is usually due to a change in hormonal levels or due to the changes taking place due to the period.

I doubt this is a genital wart and is possibly not even related to an infection.

The best thing would be not to irritate the area by squeezing it, popping it or trying to drain it as this can result in a reinfection. I would advise a biopsy of the bump and its contents the next time it appears. This can be sent to the laboratory to confirm the source and find the most suitable medication to treat it. This will ensure effective and rapid relief from such a presentation.

Hope this helps.

Take care.
Answered: Tue, 16 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor