Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
124 Doctors are Online

Bumped head, got cut, bleeded, now stopped. Should I still seek medical advise?

I tripped and bumped the right side of my head on a shelf. There was a 2 cm long cut, some bleeding that stopped a few minutes later. I have or had no symptoms apart from some discomfort at the site. The wound is closed. I am 56 years old. Should I still seek medical advise? Can symptoms develop later?
Thank you.

Asked On : Fri, 12 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  14
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General Surgeon 's  Response

Thank you for the query.

If you have not lost your consciousness, no vomiting, no dizziness, no headache most likely the trauma were not strong enough to cause some serious consequences. However, some internal head bleeding may give symptoms after few hours or days. So you should be aware of mentioned symptoms and visit your doctor in such case.
If the wound is closed so the verges of it are in close contact, stitches wont be necessary and it should heal by its own.

Hope this will help.
Answered: Sat, 13 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor