Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
195 Doctors are Online

Bug bite on arm, red itchy, clear liquid oozing out, infected, drained pus. Is this staph, MSRA, can it be treated at home?

So I have what I thought was a bug bite on my arm . It started off just red itchy, the next day it seemed worse and I thought it might have been a zit so I tried to pop it but it was just a clear liquid and no relief of pressure. I cleaned it and decided to leave it bandaged for a few days. I just took off the bandage, the sore has gotten infected. I drained the pus and now its just a mix of blood and a clear liquid draining from it again. I have it unbandaged right now because clear stuff is still seaping out. what s left looks like a hole in my arm. Is it staph? Mrsa? can I treat this at home?
Asked On : Sun, 24 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  3995
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Dermatologist 's  Response

You seem to have developed an infective lesion after the insect bite.
You need to keep the infected area clean and dry.
Use a topical antiseptic lotion for cleaning it.
You can also use lukewarm saline water for the same.
Apply a topical antibiotic cream over the area twice a day.
You might need a course of oral antibiotics if topical local treatment alone does not suffice.

Dr Geetika Paul
Answered: Wed, 25 Dec 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor