Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Bruising on the ankle post rolling the ankle badly, pain in the foot arch, difficulty in walking. How can I fix this?

I rolled my ankle really bad 2 weeks ago playing in a basketball game and i couldnt walk on it for 3 to 4 days. Now the swelling has mostly gone down but there is still a little bruising on the outside of my ankle. But now all the pain is in the arch of my foot . It hurts to walk still and I cant even jog. What can i do to fix this? What is wrong with my foot?
Asked On : Fri, 21 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  62
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagicForum

Hi.. wakekiman... If there is excessive swelling , bruises after injury, then need to get x ray to rule out fracture... but already 2 weeks ago , hence less chances of fracture.... The above symptoms are suggestive of Ligament injury... it will take 3 to 4 weeks to heal completely...

Take care..
Answered: Fri, 21 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor