Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Bruising on back above waist, bruise on shoulder blade post fall, pain on bending, deep breath, no relief with Ibuprofen. Should I see a doctor?

I m a 30 year old male, in good health but six days ago I fell onto and down a small flight of stairs. It had been raining and my feet came right out from under me. In addition, I tried to break my fall by grabbing the handrail, but it was decayed and broke off. I landed on my back, taking the blow offset from center on my left side. I have bruising on my back from just above the waist extending from my side to about the middle of my back and a large bruise just under my left shoulder blade. The bruising is starting to fade. I can walk fine, but bending, getting out of bed, and deep breaths give me pause and pain. I ve been taking Ibuprofen regularly (400mg) but its not really helping. Should I see a doctor?
Asked On : Mon, 20 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  240
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
From your description, it seems that you have injured your ribs or there is muscle spasm of the chest muscles. You need adequate muscle relaxants and hot fomentation for adequate relief. Using a chest belt will be helpful.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal
Answered: Tue, 21 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor