Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Bruise on chest wall, painful stretching sensation. Have ontogenesis imperfecta

I have a rare bone disease called ontogenesis imperfecta. About 3 months ago I fell and hurt my ankle, shortly after my boyfriend was massaging my back (gently) and we both felt and heard a crack, it was very painful and it hurt to breathe for the longest time (2-3weeks) afterwards. Even then it still gave me occasional problems. NOW one again my boyfriend had his arm around my back and BAM once again there was a loud painful crack in my mid-upper back rib area, a little off to the side, there is now moderate pain as well as a knot. I went to the ER to have it checked. The doc did and x-ray and did not see anything other than a bruise on my chest wall. (Seems odd to me since I was not hit nor fell into anything!!). It hurts to move my arms, bend over, lay down, touch, breath. With every move I can just feel exactly where that knot is almost like a painful stretching sensation, but also feels tight. PLEASE KEEP IN MIND that I DID NOT FALL EITHER TIME AND SOMEHOW MY CHEST WALL IS BRUISED AROUND THAT AREA WHERE THE KNOT IS, any idea what this could be?
Asked On : Sun, 5 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  77
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Could be bleeding into the area...where your brittle bones cracked....blood can travel quite a distance under the skin. You may benefit from a CT of the Chest.
Answered: Sun, 26 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor