Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Bruise on buttocks after fall, lump above right buttock, swelling. Medical attention needed?

Greetings, On xxxxx I slipped walking down my stairs and got a really big bruise on my butt falling on the edge of the stairs. It was only my right cheek and I did not hurt my back or anything else. The coloration of the bruise has gone down but I have a lump above my right cheek from where I fell and landed on the stairs. It reminds me of a swollen lump. I ll probably schedule something with a doctor in another week or so but is that normal? Will it go away on its own?
Asked On : Fri, 11 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  663
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response

Thanks for asking.

Bruise which is not getting settled even after few days and there is some swelling over it needs medical attention.

There may be a hairline fracture, which is not very easy to pick if you do not go for the x ray.

Please consult your doctor for imaging.

Answered: Sat, 27 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor