• question-icon

Broken rib due to excessive coughing, muscle strain under rib cage, voice loss, phlegm discharge on coughing. Treatment?

I have a broken rib due to coughing. It broke 5 days ago. (Also some muscle strain under the rib cage.) I have to tell myself to breathe deeply. I am still coughing up phlem with ever cough and my lungs sound watery . Now I am losing my voice. It that related? I have a follow up dr. apt. in 36 hours. Do I need to be see sooner than that?
Sat, 2 Feb 2013
Hello.
The presence of cough with phlem is suggestive of an infection in your airways and it needs systemic antibiotics to control it. You can wait for 36 hours and do a steam inhalation in the meanwhile for relief.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. You can consult me again directly through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
Dr. Praveen Tayal
drtayal72@gmail.com