Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Bow legs, O shape genu varum, light angle of varus in knee. Non surgical way to correct this?

Hi, I m a 23 years old guy from XXXX. I ve bow legs (O-shape, Genu Varum ) since childhood. I appreciate that it s a light angle of varus in the knee. How can I correct this malalignment ? and are there a non-surgical treatment ? after correction surgery, can i return to workout and sport like basketball without loss of motion in the knee ? or could the surgery harm my movement skills of the knee joint and generally ? because i m a professional basketball player. Thanks
Asked On : Thu, 12 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  560
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
hi welcome to hcm
we need to see ur x rays and examine u to see how bad is the varus, nonsurgical correction is not possible , surgery is indicated for severe cases only if it not bad and not hampering ur actvity surgery is not needed, surgery will not harm movement though a mild terminal restriction might be there. do consult an ortho doctor for all details
wishing u good health
Answered: Thu, 12 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor