Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

145 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
MD
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

What causes bowed legs?

my 7 yr old son keeps wearing the the heels of his shoes out he was diagnosed at the age of 2 at the shriners with having bowed legs they said it wasnt bad enough for any kind of braces do you think this has anything to do with him dragging his heals like he does
Tue, 10 Sep 2019
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Treatment/Therapy
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello,

It is typical of rickets. Consult a pediatrician and get evaluated. You will probably improve with calcium supplements.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Take care

Regards,
Dr Shinas Hussain, General & Family Physician
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on
 

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

what causes an inlarged heart

doctor1 MD

What causes the heart to enlarge?

doctor1 MD

what are causes of heart murmer???

Recent questions on  Dental braces

doctor1 MD

my 7 yr old son keeps wearing the the heels of his shoes out he was diagnosed at the age of 2 at the shriners with having bowed legs they said it wasnt bad enough for any kind of braces do you think this has anything to do with him dragging his heals like he does

doctor1 MD

Concerned about my daught, who is, until the last couple weeks, the one of the top cross country skiers in the nation. She cannot train nor race what so ever. Her resting hr is high, ANA positive. Back in the Fall she experienced drastic weight loss due to braces, but recovered it back within a month. Eventhough she had consistently completed in the top 3's in provincial and national races, her energy was never there until a race 2 weeks ago. She was complaining of sore knees, deep sore muscles and slightly tired. Can a ANA (+) test suggest overtraining, or can there be an autoimmunity problem, such as Hashimato's, or even Lymes disease?

doctor1 MD

What holistic/ non surgical approaches are there to correcting my crossbite and overbite. I am 39 and my jaw is killing me, my cheek muscles never relax, even my cheek bones ache consistently. I have consistent headaches, sever neck/shoulder tension, and sleep apnea from a narrow pallot/thumb sucking. I could care less about my crooked teeth but I want to permanently cure ALL of these symptoms. I don t want temporary pain relief solutions like splints, medicine, herbs, massage, chiropractic adjustment, etc. I don t want to drill my teeth down or build them up, I want to fix the main problem. My jaw is not aligned right. I don t want braces because they are too painful, hard to clean, and will take too long to correct. I have recently heard about a DNA appliance that could resolve all of these issues naturally in 9-12 months, along with the realignment of the C1 in my neck. I don t know what to think of machines that measure pain/tention/posture/ etc. or of treatments such as the DTC, for which patients are getting 70% relief the first visit and the remaining 30% is supposed to disappear once the excessive acid produced from muscles working overtime gets eliminated from the body within 2 weeks. What do think is the best solution, taking the WHOLE body into consideration?

doctor1 MD

I have a small rash on my upper lip from kissing a boy with braces (they rubbed on my upper lip) two night ago. on the night it hurt by now its just quite dry and i've put antiseptic cream on it but not much improvement yet. is there anything else i could use to make it go away asap? thanks.

doctor1 MD

I keep getting ingrown toenail on the big toe. When I get pedicure every 2weeks she digs it out and it feels ok for awhile. When I sleep if I am on my stomach the same toe throbs,and hurts. What should I do? Should I get pedicure more often?

doctor1 MD

Hi, I have a red patch on my tongue with little white dot in the middle, it hurts like burning when I touch it. I have dental braces , and I've shown this to my dentist , he said, he will remove my braces next month and if it doesn't go away, he...

doctor1 MD

hi my daughter is 14 years old started menarche since 10 years old. she stopped growing and she is only 153 cm..... can she eat ashwaghanda powder or aswaghanda lehyam ? which is better > she has done some hormonal test everything is normal except...