Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

Borderline diabetic with bacterial infection. Irritation in vagina. Treatment?

Found out I'm boarder line diabetic, went to OBGYN in march found out I had a bacterial infection. I was given antibiotics, after taking antibiotics I've been feeling nervousness and jumpy. My vigina irritates from a scale to 1-10 is a 1-2 and feels like pins and needles. No rash, bumps, ulcers in or out of libia minora. Vigina looks the same and anus.Going to doctor Monday
Asked On : Sat, 27 Apr 2013
Answers:  3 Views:  73
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi and thanks for the query,
it shall be very interesting once more to redo the blood glucose levels for the diabetes. Its worth signaling that diabetes favours the growth of germs that are dependent on sugar for nutrition like yeasts. Candida Albicans, which is commonly found in the vaginal region is characteristically one of these germs, and presents with symptoms including itches, compartible with your symptomatology. Other germs like Trichomas vaginal can still present with itches, but however accompanied by yellowish, foul smelling discharge.
A vaginal swab, culture and sensitivity tests could be very helpful. A detailed clinical examination by your gynecologist shall also be useful to exclude local lesions like fissures or eruptions that could still present with itches.
I suggest a proper evaluation and testing in a gynecology setting should be adequate in solving the problem.
Thanks and hope this helps and I wish you the best of health.
Luchuo, MD.
Answered: Sat, 27 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. Bruce Kinney, DO's  Response
Hello, thank you for posting your question on Healthcare Magic!

In order to help you I would need quite a bit more information. You don't specify what type of bacterial infection you had. If it was a sexually transmitted disease, it's possible that you have been exposed again and will again need antibiotic treatment. This would be especially likely if you have had unprotected sexual contact.

If it was a urinary tract infection, you may have had a recurrence, or it is possible that the original infection was never completely cured. There are many drug resistant bacteria that cause UTIs, so the antibiotic you were given may not have worked.

Having pre-diabetes also makes you more likely to get infections, so keeping your blood sugar under control will help you avoid having these problems in the future.

Wishing you the best of health,

Dr. Kinney
Answered: Sun, 28 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
Your history of recent urinary tract infection along with presence of diabetes and your current symptoms of feeling of pins and needles and irritation in vagina suggests that you at still suggesting from persistence of urinary tract infection.
Uncontrolled diabetes would never let your urinary tract infection to go away completely.
Treatment for you...
Control your blood sugar levels meticulously.
Get urine culture and sensitivity done and take proper antibiotic in proper dose for proper amount of time.
Drink plenty of water.
Take one spoon of baking soda with one glass of water three times a day.
Wear cotton underwears.
I hope it helps.
Answered: Sat, 27 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor