Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Bloated, lightheaded, constipated. What should I do when tired?

Hi i am a 58 year old woman the symptoms i am getting are that i get very bloated i can put on around 2inch through the day i get light headed even if i am lying down one week i am constipated the next i go each day but its as if i still want to go but can t and i am always tired it is driving me mad please help. Joan
Fri, 25 Oct 2013
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Cardiologist 's  Response
Dear Joan,

Thanks for the query. Although most of the cases of constipation are primary functional, meaning that they are just due to impairment of the way the bowels move, like in irritable bowel syndrome, sometimes there are organic causes of severe constipation, such as hypothyroidism, which in your case neeeds to be ruled out since you also present with severe fatigue, the most common complaint in 9 out of 10 patients who suffer from the thyroid.

Yours truly,

Dr Brenes-Salazar MD
Mayo Clinic MN
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor