Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
197 Doctors are Online

Bitten by a dog on broken skin, skin tightness, redness. Dog is vaccinated. Cause of worry?

I accidentally run over my dog And after the process he bit me Two places on my hand with broken skin This happened about 18 hours ago Concerned about staph infection possibility. My hand is a Little tight When I make a fist. Been using hydroperoxide for it. Small redness on each cut. My dog is up-to-date on all his shots. He is not an aggressive animal.
Asked On : Thu, 22 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  49
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query.You had a dog bite by your pet dog who is vaccinated.You have two cuts on forearm .As the dog is known to you and vaccinated you need not worry at all and no need to take anti rabies vaccine Only precaution you have to take is to clean and dress the wounds properly. Take some antibiotics to prevent the wound infection.
Answered: Fri, 23 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor