Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Bite on arm, bruised, rock hard, painful. Worry?

Hi. My boyfriend bit me pretty hard on my upper arm about 3 weeks ago. it left a pretty bad bruise thats still there, but now under the bruise there seems to be a knot. that kinda feels like a rock, and it still hurts to the touch. Is this something i should be worried about? My mom says it could be a blood clot or a torn muscle or something.
Asked On : Thu, 11 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  65
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
You have developed a bruise over your skin due to injury,,,Just apply thrombophobe or hirudoid cream over the affected area..
Thrombophob ointment contains Heparin-Benzyl Nicotinate which improves the blood supply and prevents clots. so it will help in faster clearing of the clotted blood...And you can take vitamin C orally for rapid healing..
Hope it helps
Dr Geetika Paul
Answered: Fri, 12 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi's  Response
if there is no severe pain just wait n watch
u can appply thrombophobe ointment
ice packs application
Answered: Thu, 11 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor