Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Biking accident, scar on chin, severe itching, bumps on scar. Blister formation?

my friend was in a biking accident back in the summer and a scar on her chin has been itching a lot for the last two months and tonight she noticed that right on the scar there are two bumps...the skin is kind of plastic/shiny looking (as scars usually look). Why would a blister-type issue be developing after all of these months?
Asked On : Wed, 19 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  55
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Dear Concerned.,
Thanks for writing to us.
The itching developed in a healed lesion definitely indicates that an irregular collagen tissue has developed in subcutaneous tissue.We call this a Keloid. This Keloid has to be histologically differetiated from a Hypertrophied Scar in that the Collagen fibres are regularly arranged in a Hypertrophied Scar.
There are many treatment options available. The Best treatment which has stood the test of time is Intralesional Steroid Injection below the surface of Keloid by either a Gen. Surgeon/Dermatologist.
Laser Removal/Surgical removal /Dermabration/Skin Grafting and various options are available.
Recurrences are very common.
Pls consult a General Surgeon/Dermatologist .
wishing you a speedy recovery.,
Best Regards.,
Dr Lt Cdr ASN Bhushan.,
Answered: Wed, 19 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor