Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Bad bruise, swelling on leg after wood falling. White spots on bruise. Blisters?

my mother has an injury on her right outer leg. Some wood fell on her. she has been to the doctors as she has a very bad bruise from her ankle to near her knee and a very large swelling . This happened two weeks ago, now the bruise is changing to yellow in places and the leg is very painful. She has noticed two white spots on the bruise and she is concerned that they could blister .
Asked On : Thu, 14 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  303
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response

Thanks for writing to health care magic.
It is normal for bruise to change color. But those white spots on the bruise require physical examination to arrive at a diagnosis. Was a X ray of the injured portion done? Is your mother having any fever? How is her pain changing with time? Is it subsiding or increasing?
Continue to ask further queries as required.
Hope this helps.
Take care.

Dr Y V Siva Sankara Murty
Associate Professor of Pediatric
Answered: Mon, 24 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor