Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Back pain. MRI scan shows disc bulge. Taking Supra. Any effective cure?

Dr. Im a query for my brother...he is 30 yrs and weighs more than 80 kg and his ht is below 170 cm. He is having back pain and done MRI scan . Dr said he is having L4 and L5 disc bulge.He is taking medication now (supra 20) and doing exercise as recommended by doctor.He stoped taking mmedicine for a week , that time he felt back pain.Is there any more effective cure for this.(He is having this problem 5-6 yrs back and stopped and started now.).Kindly respond.Thank you
Asked On : Wed, 21 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  29
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Radiologist 's  Response
Hi, welcome to HCM
Your brother is definately overweight , which is putting an extra pressure on his spine.
First thing he has to do is weight reduction , followed by regular exercise. Then we have to see for improvement .
After above precaution if symptoms persists, then on basis of severity a operative procedure will be last choice, known as discectomy.
You must consult your orthopaedician for regular folllow up.
Answered: Wed, 21 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor