Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

Back ache that spreads to leg. Have disc herniation. What does high cholesterol have to do with it?

Hello sir, I am Sita aged 45 years. I am suffering with severe lower back ache leading it to the left leg too. I got my mri scanning done and the report showed disc bulging at l4-l5,mild impingement traversing l5 nerve root . Disc bulging at L1-L2, L2-L3, L5.S1 and L3-L4 without nerve root compression. Disc herniation is seen at C5-C6 nerve root. What measures should I take to avoid pain? I also got U.S.G of abdomen pelvis done and the report read liver is marginally enlarged i.e, mild hepatomegaly with grade 2-3 fatty changes. I also have got high cholesterol , triglycerides, VLDL cholestrol. My height is 5 7 and weight is 85kg.Please suggest me all the measures needed to improve my health.
Asked On : Thu, 27 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  97
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
  User's Response
Hello.. Thanks for writing us..


regarding your obesity , fatty liver and dyslipidemia you have to implement certain life style modification like Less fat, high fibre diet, avoid junk food, regular execise and wt loss with target wt around 65 to 68.
Drugs for lowering cholesterol like statin will be beneficial for you .
For radiculopathy you presently do not need any operation, analgesics and physiotherapy will be sufficient.
Best wishes
Answered: Wed, 3 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor