Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Asthma, severe coughing attack. Prescribed budecort, using nebuliser. Correct treatment?

Hello, my name is XXXXXX, i have an 11 year old son with asthma , two weeks ago the Doctor started given him BUDECORT as treatment for a period of 3 months, its been 10 days now and he is still having the attack like couging a lot especially at night, when that happened i usually put him in the nebuliser with 0.5ml asthaline and 2ml saline , am i doing the right thing. Please help, i don t know what else to do, his been having this kind of cough since nearly 2 months now
Asked On : Sun, 7 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  95
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pulmonologist 's  Response
Thanks for your query
Your history seems to me that your child's asthma symptoms are not controlled well with forecort only though you didn't mention the dose. If its 100 then it is to be stepped up to 200. montelukast is to be added to the prevailing therapy. Buy a peak flow meter and maintain a peak-flow chart regularly. All these are to be done under guidence of a pulmonologist. During exacerbation what are doing for nebulisation is absolutely normal. But you should consult pulmonologist for better asthma control and discuss the issues which i have mentioned here. You will be benefitted.
Thank you.
Answered: Sun, 7 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor