Suggest treatment for sharp pain in the chest while having asthma
Where is the pain that you have? Describe it well.
Sometimes pain killers can aggravate asthma. So do not take any pain killers especially NSAIDs.
I still think it is better to rely on inhaled medicines may be even short acting steriods during winter months to tide the attacks. May be you can use regularly than during an attack to prevent them/
Nebulization with Ipratropium and Budecort helps
Yes nebulization definitely helps. you should add Ipratropium (loosens the thick mucus)and Budecort (inhaling steroid). If you do not get them at least add Normal saline in the nebulizer and do it thrice a day.
Tylenol is not great for pain, tramadol is better but a prescription based.
Add short term bronchodilator to the steroid it helps.
Thank you for your suggestions. I will discuss this with my Physicians Assist at our local clinic. It was helpful.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hot sharp pain in chest
- Treatment of clitoris sharp pain
- Sharp pain in the chest and hurts advise and treatment
- Sharp pains while breathing
- What is the treatment for intermittent sharp pain in chest
- Sharp pain in chest while sleeping
- What is the treatment for sharp pain in abdomen
- Treatment and cure for sharp pain
- Sudden sharp pain in chest while sleeping
- Sharp pains in annus and treatment