Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Arm tingles at night, severe pain, swollen, fingers locked in morning, taking diclofenac

at night my arm tingles and falls asleep which wakes me up in severe pain, It is to the point it also makes my hand swell . When I wake up my fingers will lock and I hardly have a grip, sometimes I cant even clutch my hand at first, until I try over and over to work this out. I was perscribed diclofenac (50mg) this didnt seem to make a differnce at night, do u have any Ideas?
Asked On : Mon, 28 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  154
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
this could be carpal or cubital tunnel syndrome. this is when the nerves in your arm arm pinched during the night leading to the types of symptoms you describe. yor dr should be able to make a diagnosis and reccomend appropriate treatment which can range from physiotherapy, splints and cortisone shots to surgical decompression if the nerves.
Answered: Sat, 5 Apr 2014
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor