Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Allergy causing running nose, frequent sneezing, watery eyes. Will surgery give permanent relief?

hello, doctor i have an allergy in which i have a running nose and i sneeze every now and then. my eyes also become watery. i am taking medicines for it but no permanent results. i would like to go for surgery and i want to know is it safe and will it help me get rid of my allergy completly. i stay in mumbai could you also recommend me some good doctor for it.
Asked On : Fri, 19 Oct 2012
Answers:  3 Views:  103
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pulmonologist 's  Response
I do not understand what surgery you are planning to undergo for allergy as there are no such surgeries available. You may take antihistaminics, a montair tablet, use flixonase nasal spray and cromal eye drops. Avoid any known allergens. If still symptomatic consult an immunologist.
Answered: Fri, 19 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Pulmonologist Dr. Arnab Maji's  Response
Thanks for your query
As per my knowledge is concerned I dont know any surgery which can cure allergy. By the way you are suffering from allergic rhinitis for which you need to have fluticasone-azelastine nasal spray and oral anti-histaminics in the form of levocetrizine, desloratadine or fexofenadine. Immunotherapy can only give you some permanent solution but before going for that you should have undergone allergic skin testing to detect culprit allergens. You need to consult an allergist or immunologist for that.
Thank you.
Answered: Fri, 19 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Allergist and Immunologist Dr. Sujoy Khan's  Response
You are having persistent rhinitis and need to undergo a panel of aeroallergens by skin prick test or specific IgE blood test. Aeroallergens include dust mites, pollens, animal dander, mold etc and once you are aware of the allergens triggering your symptoms, specific guidance can be issued.
A combination of antihistamines, nasal corticosteroids/antihistamine (Flumast-AZ as an example) with montelukast plus minus inhalers for the lung constitute full medical treatment.
20% fail optimal medical therapy and immunotherapy over 3-5 years is the next option.
Answered: Fri, 19 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor