Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

Accessory Navicular Syndrome(ANS)

I am a student in high school in the 10th grade and i had no idea for the last 15 years of my life i have ben liveing with what you call an Accessory Navicular Syndrom (ANS) in both of my ancles but my right ancle is the worst, that i have actually just figured out about what was going on in my anckles and why they hurt so bad latley. But sence i was 7 i got into a little acident and i thought i had fractured my right and left ancle and i had never went to a docor for it so i thought that it healed funny. Many people with ANS have flat feet or fallen arches, but i have a normal kinda high arch in my foot. Not most people with this condition develop pain but some get a light or heavy painful condition when the bone and or posterior tibial tendon are aggarvaded. Wich my pain would be from 1-10 i would say on good days a 6 but mostly its a 8 or 9 unless i am batter. I have gone to the docors and got an X-ray and in both ancles i have this misgrown bone and in my right ancle the bone is huge and definitally noticable to the outside of my skin and iratation is notisable on the outside of my skin. SOOOO i was wondering if i could get my colorado medical marijuana card because i know that is a way that the irritaition goes down and it fells better. And i have iced my ancle and took over the counter drug for it and it doesnt help at all! i dont wanna get on hard drugs or steroies and i dont wanna cast and i dont wanna go threw sergary
Asked On : Thu, 20 Jan 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  561
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Pediatrician 's  Response
Welcome to HCM
Read your prob,in ANS an extra bone formed at foot which cause of pain , swelling n flat foot. choice of treatment of it is taking rest when swelling n inflammation subside you should support your foot by special shoe after advising your doc. it helps in subsiding pain n inflammation. if you feel more pain, flat foot then go through surgury other wise it can be cured by only rest n supportive method.
Answered: Sun, 21 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor