Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

9 year old has problem with incontinence of urine. UTI ?

Hi my 9 year old daughter has had a problem with incontinence of urine for around 3 weeks now. She has been too embarrassed to say anything before now, she has no urgency to urinate nor does she have any other symptoms. She experiences bubbling down below that results into urine wetting her under clothes. Could this be a uti or something more serious?
Asked On : Thu, 9 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  62
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Urologist 's  Response
Most of the times its not serious but she needs to be evaluated. As you said apart from incontinence she doest have any problem. Keep a tab of how much water she is consuming daily and how frequently she is going for urination. Also measure the quantity of urine she is passing daily. Get her urine tested for evidence of infection. She needs an ultrasound of the abdomen and an X-ray called cystogram. Talk with her about her daily routine and school. Some kids might have incontinence of urine if they are under some psychological stress.
visit a urologist
Answered: Sat, 19 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor