Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

88 yr old, diagnosed with lewy body dementia. How do we tell her to go to a nursing home?

My mother is 88 years old and has been diagnosed with lewy body dementia . We have had 24 hour care for her for several months. She is in the end stages of this horrendous disease and has become more than one caregiver can handle not being able to do anything for herself. How do we tell our beloved Mom she is going to a nursing home?
Asked On : Sat, 19 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  84
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thank you for consulting HCM.
At this age there must be a continuous care for her to be given.Asking her to go to a nursing home may hurt your mother a lot as all these minor things affects their well being.But it is better for them if the caretakers disabuse them.Often the best approach may be benign neglect.Try to convince her in a pleasant manner by encouraging her.Thank you.
Answered: Wed, 17 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor