How can wandering in a patient with lewybody dementia be treated?

Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Sat, 10 Mar 2018 in Brain and Spine
Question: HI is there any therapy that can lesen the wandering that lewybody dementia patients have? aside from the wandering are there other types other than physical for dementia?
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Antidepressants and anxiolytics may be of help.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HCM.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

Wandering in patients with Lewy body dementia is found to improve after anxiolytic and antidepressants drugs use.

Besides wandering other accompanying symptoms may be visual hallucinations, tremor, etc.

Discuss with the Neurologist about drugs to be used in such cases.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj