Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

7 year old with UTI has swelling in the penis. What to do?

Hi, is it normal for a 7 year old boy to be ballooning while urinating, he is also spraying, not urinating. At he moment he has a Uti and is taking medicine. He has been ballooning with quiet a long time now. My doctor advised to try pulling back the foreskin as it is nearly closed..he has sent a referral to the specialist by does this mean circumcision?
Asked On : Tue, 30 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  19
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Pediatrician 's  Response
Hi ,
Thank you for your query.
I understand your concern.
UTI due to phimosis will require an operation (circumcision). The skin will not recede in a 7 year old child.
Please plan for an operation after the treatment for UTI is over.
Recurrent UTI due to phimosis could lead to kidney damage.
If you have any further queries you are free to consult me.
Hope this answers your query.
Wishing a speedy recovery.
Do not worry we are there to help you out.
Have a nice day.
Answered: Tue, 30 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor