Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

3 year old with swollen finger after a bee sting. Need to see the doctor?

Hi. One of my students was stung by a bee on her finger 1 week ago. Her finger still feels very hard and a bit swollen. Her parents have resisted seeing a doctor and are using some kind of green Chinese oil. Student info: She is 3 years old, 11.8 kg, 93 cm no known allergies etc Just want to know if i need to insist on her seeing a doctor or not. Thanks
Asked On : Fri, 18 Jan 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  78
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician, Neonatology 's  Response
Hello.. Bee sting has poisionous content which leads to local allergic reaction. It will have the symptoms like pain, swelling and itching. Pain will generally subside with in a week but swelling may take 2 to 3 weeks. If the hardened swelling is not associated with any pus discharge then there is no need to hurry. You need to take antihistamine and just observe

Answered: Fri, 18 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Pediatrician Dr. Synthyia Bhagat's  Response
I appreciate your concern,
usually bee stings are harmless but if there is pain and swelling over the part it could be due to bacterial infection
I suggest that doctor should have a look over it to rule out any infection and treat her accordingly.

Take care.
God bless
Answered: Fri, 18 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor