Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

2 year old child, suffered head injury, bit tongue, bleeding, skin sticking to tongue. Surgery required?

my 2yr old son put his feet on a table and flipped a chair backwards and hit a door with his head causing him to bite his toung on the right blead for a little bit but there was a lot. we cleaned him up and gave him a popsicle to eat...he doesnt seem to be in pain or have trouble eating but he has skin sticking up on his tounge and it sorda looks as if his teeth pinched the skin up..will he need to get that little pinch of skin cut off or stiched bc its been 10 hours and it hasnt gone down at all
Asked On : Tue, 10 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  71
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

That can be decided after clinical examination. Most of the cases it is required to be stitched back.

pl prevent injuries like this from occurring by taking adequate child protection measures.

Hope there are no vomiting or any other associated problems.

Hope this helps
take care

Answered: Sat, 2 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor