Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

15 year old getting severe pain in the knee. Has a dislocated knee with knee cap placement. Anything can be done?

Hi I'm 15 when I was 13 my knee dislocated from doing a standard jump since then I've had an operation as part of knee cap sheared off. But when ever i crouch down I get a really bad pain and have to move to a different position my knee also gives away a lot and quite often tries to dislocate I'm a keen football player so this type of injury is rather annoying. Do you know why it keeps doling these things and what I can do to try and help my knee? Thank you
Asked On : Wed, 17 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  20
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
Dear user,

I am sorry but yes, problems with the knee joint take years and years to heal, and sometimes, they don't heal completely. So, you need to go easy on those twisty football moments, and check if your doctors have any more treatments to offer you. Else, you might have to give up football altogether.

Dr. Taher
Answered: Wed, 29 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor