Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

13 year old child, enlarged breasts, thyroid, hormone condition. What type of doctor should she see?

My granddaughter is 13. She weighs about 120 and is 5 3 tall. She wears a woman s small pants (size 5 panties) but she wears a 36D bra. She is very active-softball and swimming. My son s girlfriend said she needs to see a gynecologist to have her thyroid levels tested. I think she might mean hormone levels. What type of doctor does she need to see?
Asked On : Sun, 22 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  37
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Endocrinologist 's  Response
I would recommend for her to see her pediatrician and discuss her problems and then consider referral to Endocrinologist who treat hormonal disregulation

Thanks a lot for your question

Answered: Mon, 23 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor