my left hand is swollen. i have several puppy bites

Question
my left hand is swollen. i have several puppy bites on my air. im diabetic also.im worried I might be getting cellulitius. I am tired but Im also anemic & have CVID, I have CKD 3 also. Would both hands be swollen if the kidneys are acting up? Please advise
Mon, 5 Feb 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects
Follow-up: my left hand is swollen. i have several puppy bites 1 hour later
Hi, Im still waiting on my answer. Will it come soon?

Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
A number of causes

Detailed Answer:
Dear Ma'am, I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns but the swelling is an indication of either vuscular or infectious problem. since the swelling is confined to one arm then this roles out the possibility of renal complications..
The puppy bites could possibly the source of the infection.. if the puppy is not vaccinated aganist rabies then it is very important that you get antirabies vaccine. Another possible infections transmitted from dog's saliva include tetanus, strept and staph aureus.. Infection should be accompanied with warmth, redness and tenderness of the swelling site .. Cellulitis is progressive deep skin infection that in addition to the signs of infection is accompanied with spread of these signs to the adjacent areas of skin.. cellulitis is serious and requires systemic antibiotic rather than topical ones..
However, another cause could be a blood clot which should be accompanied with skin color changes and tenderness of the affected area.. i hope you find this helpful..