my daighter has neen sick - a virus . flu
yes, it appears to be thrush
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
Yes, this is oral thrush.
When a person experiences an acute illness, it can affect the immune system which can then cause opportunistic infections- these are infections that look for the opportunity of an impaired or reduced immune system to start occurring.
Oral thrush can be treated with either topical medications that are applied directly to the skin or with oral tablets/liquids (depending on age).
Most persons try the topical treatment first but either can be used.
Eg of topical treatments are:nystatin or clotrimazole (mycelex) or amphotericin B oral suspension
Eg of tablets/liquids are fluconazole, itraconazole
Most persons respond well to treatment, her doctor can provide her with a prescription for any of these. There are some pharmacies that may supply the topical medications over the counter.
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
can sometimes be over the counter
The topical medications mentioned above-nystatin or mycelex or amphotericin b oral suspension- can sometimes be available over the counter
There is another option- daktarin gel- that contains miconazole- this is sometimes available over the counter as well
still resemble thrush ?
looks a lot better
It looks a lot lot better now
Can monitor to see if the white coating returns. If it does can use one of the meds mentioned
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can Hydroxyzine be taken for urinary tract and bladder infections?
- What causes black colored stool?
- What causes dizziness in an elderly person post suffering a concussion?
- What does severe atrophy in a MRI report indicate?
- What causes electric shock like sensation in the arms radiating to the...
- Suggest treatment for swollen lymph nodes and fever in a child
- What does resting heart beat of 52 indicate?
- What causes diarrhea and upper right abdominal pain?
- Is Oxycodone 10/325 different from Oxycodone 114?
- Can Antabuse cause dizziness?