Owl Image

last night out of the blue my entire body became

Question
last night out of the blue my entire body became numb and tingly. Hands were completely numb and couldn’t hold onto things or speak easily. Woke up with more of the same. Gradually getting better but symptoms still reoccurring in waves. He eats well and takes a vitamin B supplement. Happened a few years back (but not this intense) when he was vegetarian and not eating well, but symptoms disappeared almost immediately when I got some meat and vitamin B into my diet.
Sun, 4 Feb 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
May need to have electrolytes, sugar and thyroid levels with NCS

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to Healthcaremagic. Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible. First of all it's sad to know what you had been going through lately.

Based on the history you have shared, it needs to be evaluated ilby a detailed neurological examination by your primary care physician or by a neurologist involving both motor and sensory systems of upper and lower limbs.

If its unremarkable and tingling persists, a nerve conduction study and EMG may also be needed to rule out any underlying neuropathic changes. Though myopathy or muscular issue seems least likely but can be ruled out if symptoms recurred. CT scan brain may also be needed in case if such symptoms reappeared again or persisted in the same intensity.

A baseline level of B12, folic acid, D3 levels, calcium levels, and serum electrolytes including serum pottasium levels should be done alongwith a thyroid profile and blood sugars. Continue healthy balanced diet and add Vitamin D3, calcium and folic acid alongwith B12.

Wishing you a speedy recovery. Hope this has answered your query. If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Regards