if my blood pressure is 78/43 and the only other

Question
if my blood pressure is 78/43 and the only other symptom is dizzyness, what can I do to increase bp/
Mon, 12 Feb 2018 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
not much...

Detailed Answer:

unfortunately you can't do much. The cause has to be addressed. For example taking more antihypertensives than needed may lead to hypotension. Dehydration is another common cause. Other potential causes may include (but not limited to) acute cardiovascular events like acute myocardial infarction, pulmonary embolism, etc.

The treatment depends on the cause. In dehydration - for example - fluids should be consumed. Cardiovascular events usually require more complex treatments. etc...

So in conclusion, you can't do much at home. You should call an ambulance to take you to the ER for appropriate investigation and treatment.

I hope it helps!
Kind Regards!