i have had symptoms for last 12 months irregular periods

Dr. Richa Agarwal

OBGYN

Posted on Sun, 23 Dec 2018 in Women's Health
Question: i have had symptoms for last 12 months irregular periods, on and off bloating and needing to wee more often doctor put it down to menopause (i'm near 53 yrs old) finally she agreed to ultra sound which stated that there was a 18mm hemorrhagic looking cyst, i wasn't informed that i neededanother scan in 3 months, symptoms persisted and finally they agreed to another ultrasound (5 months after 1st scan) now they are stating that it is a 23mmx18mm multilocular cyst with thick septations =1.3mm with a 7.3mm solid nodule, the woman said that it has slightly grown from last scan. now i am waiting for a gyne appointment, what does this all mean how has it changed into a different cyst? does this mean it is more likely to be cancer?do i have the right to ask for it to be removed rather than have a wait and see approch?

Follow up: Dr. Richa Agarwal 0 minute later
i have had symptoms for last 12 months irregular periods, on and off bloating and needing to wee more often doctor put it down to menopause (i'm near 53 yrs old) finally she agreed to ultra sound which stated that there was a 18mm hemorrhagic looking cyst, i wasn't informed that i neededanother scan in 3 months, symptoms persisted and finally they agreed to another ultrasound (5 months after 1st scan) now they are stating that it is a 23mmx18mm multilocular cyst with thick septations =1.3mm with a 7.3mm solid nodule, the woman said that it has slightly grown from last scan. now i am waiting for a gyne appointment, what does this all mean how has it changed into a different cyst? does this mean it is more likely to be cancer?do i have the right to ask for it to be removed rather than have a wait and see approch?

Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Better to remove.

Detailed Answer:
Hello Ma'am,
Thanks for trusting us about your healthcare.
I have gone through your history and reports and understand your concern.

As you are having these symptoms along with changes in size and consistency of cyst with solid component in it, it is better to consult your treating doctor for the same and get laparoscopy removal of cyst and biopsy to rule out the possibility of carcinoma (which at your age could be a possibility).

Hope found useful, feel free to ask more information.

Good luck

Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 0 minute later
Brief Answer:
Better to remove.

Detailed Answer:
Hello Ma'am,

Good luck

Follow up: Dr. Richa Agarwal 40 minutes later
so the chances of it being cancer or more likely? any chance that the hemorrhagic cyst has changed as a normal change or is that less likely? do i have the right to demand its removal or have they got the right to make me do a wait and see?
Follow up: Dr. Richa Agarwal 13 minutes later
you said a possibility what sort of % are we talking about?
Follow up: Dr. Richa Agarwal 7 hours later
is it the fact that the nodule is now there that is the concern? which is more concerning my age symptoms or the actual cyst? would you be as concerned if i had no symptoms or would that make no difference?
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes, the hard nodule is a concern.

Detailed Answer:
Hello ma'am,
Sorry for the delay in my response.

Yes, the hard nodule is a concern for the same.
Sometimes symptoms are not there but yes a sudden increase in size and consistency at your age is a cause of concern.

Hope you found this useful. Feel free to ask further.

Good luck

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Brief Answer:
Yes, the hard nodule is a concern.

Detailed Answer:
Hello ma'am,
Sorry for the delay in my response.

Good luck