hello .. please i need your help .. my doctor

Dr. Elona Xhardo

Endocrinologist

Posted on Sun, 17 Mar 2019 in Diabetes
Question: hello .. please i need your help .. my doctor diagnosed me as a diabetic person for first time after these lab results .. i need your consultation .. am i diabetic ? really ? with list of medications .. on lift below .. can you help .. i trust your experience..
Answered by Dr. Elona Xhardo 21 hours later
Brief Answer:
Your HbA1C is higher than 6,5%.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
I have gone through your query and understood your concern.

The diagnosis of Diabetes Mellitus is confirmed if the HbA1C result is 6.5% or higher.

Your result confirm the diagnosis.
Glucophage that is in the list of the medication given from your doctor is a drug used (with a proper diet and exercise program and possibly with other medications) to control high blood sugar.

Anyway i want to underline that your result is not very high,and this means that your blood sugar results are not noo high and with the right lifestyle and a healthy diet you can controll very easily the situation of your blood sugar results.

Hope this is helpful.
Let me know if i can assist you further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Elona Xhardo 33 hours later
iam newly diagnosed .. im not taking any medication perscribed...
i did hgt from 3 days was 105mg/dl
4 days ago 107 mg/ dl
do you think its chronic now for me...
cells in pancrease has problem..
do you think things will go normal in diet and exercise...
note : last 6 months i ate a lot of sweets and junk food and iam over weight..
Answered by Dr. Elona Xhardo 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes,i think things will go normal in diet and exercise.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
I apologize for the late reply. I was busy with my other professional obligations.

You should know that Diabetes Mellitus is a chronic disease that occurs either when the pancreas does not produce enough insulin or when the body cannot effectively use the insulin it produces.

You are over weight and this means that very probably you have type 2 Diabetes. So, your body cannot effectively use the insulin it produces.

But the good news is that your blood sugar results are not too high.
For this reason, i'm sure that with a healthy diet and exercises you will have normal blood sugar results.

You must find a way to lose weight because this is as important as it really improves diabetes management.

This is because it can help to lower your blood glucose and reduce your risk of other complications.

There are different ways of doing this like the low-carb, Mediterranean or low-calorie diets. I suggest to consult a dietician for the right/specific plan meal for you.

Hope this is helpful.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj