hello, i have been having sinus issues frequently this year.
Consider adding guaifenesin
Thank you for sending the picture, that helps me see what is going on. It looks like there is thick mucus from post nasal drainage on your tonsils.
Usually strep tonsillitis causes fever, body aches (as you mentioned), and a very painful throat. The whitish - yellow stuff we see on the tonsils then looks more like pus.
Something you can add to help is
1. gargling with warm salt water (to help wash the throat and ease discomfort), and
2. Guaifenesin, which is a mucolytic. It draws water to the mucus and helps thin it out so that it is cleared more easily and less uncomfortable.
However, if this doesn't start to clear up in the next few days, OR if you develop worsening symptoms (throat pain, fever), then I would advise going in and having a throat swab done. Because sometimes we can be tricked.
By the way, to get the guaifenesin to work maximally, drink at least 8 oz of water (or more) when you take it.
I hope this helps and that you are feeling better soon.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for chronic hip/pelvic pain
- What causes coughing, sneezing, headaches and watery eyes?
- Suggest treatment for post nasal drainage and runny nose
- What causes foul body odor and overactive bladder while taking Trospium?
- What causes pain near the navel area?
- What causes joints pain with welts and teeth problems?
- Suggest remedy for drainage at back of throat and vomiting sensation
- Suggest treatment for pain under the clavicle
- Suggest medication for ADHD
- Suggest medication for bloating in a person with history of colitis