hello doctor! I want to ask something about my 4
Watch the activity level of the child
Thanks for using the Ask a Doctor service.
I have gone carefully through the details and understand your concern. If your child is otherwise active and playful, I would not be concerned. If not, it would be a good idea to visit a doctor and to get the child evaluated. If the respiratory rate is greater than or equal to 40 breaths/min you would need to take her to a doctor for the possibility of underlying pneumonia. If the rate is lesser, you need not worry. I have checked the X-ray but the details are unclear. It is hard to comment without listening to the chest. Since she is already on Augmentin (antibiotic) you need not worry.
Feel free to give both Aircort and prontial (images provided). Give Inasal if there is a nasal block. You need to give steam inhalation to your child. It helps in reducing the congestion and thereby the cough. Just sit with the child on your lap and place the source of steam before you. The water vapor will be in the air and automatically the child will breathe it in. Water vapor will reach deep inside and would help in diluting the cough and thus would provide relief.
Feel free to write back.
Follow the instructions of your treating physician
If they are suspecting Mycoplasma pneumonia it is indeed a serious one. However, treatment with antibiotics (often intravenous) should clear the infection. Please discuss with your treating physician.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for autism spectrum disorder
- What causes loose stools post cesarean operation?
- Suggest treatment for rash on a 4 yr old
- What do light colored skin patches on thigh indicate?
- Suggest treatment for fever and sore throat in a child
- What causes swelling in head of an infant?
- Can Taxim O Forte and Vizylac be given together?
- Suggest treatment for anorectal malformation in a down syndrome child
- What causes vomiting after feeding breast milk?
- Suggest treatment for persistent high fever